I am incredibly honored to be nominated for the Liebster Award by Jen from Yoga Moods! The Liebster Award is a way for bloggers to express gratitude for fellow bloggers whose posts inspire them and also serves as an opportunity for us to discover new blogs.
Jen specifically wrote “Hi Candace, I love reading your blog and learning about your experiences. Your messages are always so uplifting – thank you! I’ve nominated you for The Liebster Award! Have a great day!” Well Jen, I am deeply humbled and overwhelmed with gratitude for this nomination! Sincere mahalos!
Below are the official rules for the Liebster Award:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you.
2. Answer the questions you were given.
3. Nominate other blogs with fewer than 500 followers. (Admittedly, I don’t think I followed this rule)
4. Post questions for your selected nominees to answer.
5. Tag and link the nominees and post a comment to let them know you have nominated them and appreciate their hard work.
My answers to Jen’s questions:
1. What are 3 things you love about yourself?
This may sound out there but I love that I am alive. It sounds basic but when I think about the miracle that it took for me to even come into existence, I’m simply humbled. I also love that I have dimples, I feel like they boost the effectiveness of my smile by a huge amount. And lastly, I love that I love to love. My parents nicknamed me the “Love Child” growing up because I was always talking about love. Well, that certainly hasn’t changed one bit.
2. What is something you were afraid of doing, but did anyway, and would you do it again?
I was absolutely terrified to move to Hawaii but as the Zen proverb states, I took the leap and the net appeared. The funny thing about the move is that none of my fears came true. I would definitely do it again without a doubt.
3. Where is your favorite place to replenish yourself?
My favorite place to replenish myself is Waimanalo Beach on Oahu. It’s one of the most beautiful places I have ever been on Earth and the sound of the waves and the wind softly blowing the trees provides the perfect ambiance. A visit to Waimanalo gives me an abundance of replenishment.
4. What is one skill you’d love to learn?
I’d like to learn how to surf. I recently took my first paddle boarding lesson so surfing is next on the list!
5. What are 3 little-known facts about you?
Hmm, fun question! 1) I used to figure skate as a small child; 2) I absolutely do not like oatmeal; and 3) I am incredibly ticklish, I can hardly get massages without laughing the whole time.
My nominees (in no particular order):
Each of the following bloggers have inspired me in ways I cannot fully express. I am grateful for their openness and authenticity.
1. Bob O’Hearn for both his blogs “The Conscious Process” and “Travels in Dreamland”
2. Bradford Speaks
3. Nomzi Kumalo
4. Daniel Parmeggiani
My questions for my nominees:
1. What motivated you to start blogging?
2. What inspires you?
3. What would you write about in your final blog post?
4. What is something you would like to try?
5. What are three insights from your life journey that you would like to share with us?
Mahalo for reading! May you all experience infinite peace and blessings!